Is Michael Jordan the most underrated passer ever?

Discussion in 'The Hardwood' started by bruce_blitz_new_era, Mar 29, 2007.

1. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    Michael Jordan once put up 17 assists in one game. Jordan actually averaged 8 assists per game for an entire season. In the NBA finals against the LA Lakers Jordan averaged 11-12 assists per game. Is Michael Jordan's passing prowless going unnoticed????
  2. gold_leader64 V I P

Money:
    $143
    I think MJ did whatever it took to win games, and people get caught up in his other skills, mostly scoring, dunking, and defense, to see how he passed and rebounded very well for the first option on a great team.
  3. D54 New Member

Money:
    $0
    1st and most importantly im sick of you and i hope u realise even MJ fans hate you!...nobody wants u here, so please post properly or f-off!!!

On topic
    NO!!!!...ppl hav never said he's a bad passer and only haters with no knowledge hav said he doesnt pass. He's a great passer and maybe if he had better offensive players on his teams then ppl would acknowledge it more but the bulls won their rings through defense so nobody especially MJ cares that he's not credited as a great passer. Whenever his passing is brought ppl hav only good things to say. His passing is underappreciated but so is every aspect of his game that isnt scoring...so its his fault he's not credited as a great passer.

I cant believe i replied to this ish...its 2:50am that must be it
  4. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    you dont hate me, because you dont know me, you hate the way I post. I know you are intelligent enough to differentiate between the two.

You NEVER hear about MJ's passing ability. I have seen guys like Barkley reference his defense, most people dont talk about his rebounding, and I rarely hear anyone talk about his passing. I was just wondering if it was because he didnt put up spectacular enough passing numbers? Maybe that is an overlooked aspect to the game? You raise a great point that 98% of the hype surrounding MJ is about his scoring prowless and championship/finals mvps. I know that when this sits on the message board for a day or two that eventually we will get about 4-5 different points of view.
  5. revgen New Member

Money:
    $0
    Brevin Knight once averaged 9 assists per game playing with the Charlotte Bobcats. Pretty underrated if you ask me. Especially considering how bad that team was and still is.

Wilt Chamberlain led the league in assists one season.

There are a lot of players besides Jordan who've had good passing years.
  6. TF_Air_Up_There New Member

Money:
    $0
    i gotta go with revgen opinions also. there are a lot of players that are not recognized for passiing
  7. Runway Ignores Ignorance

Money:
    $0
    I agree that Jordan is an underrated passer, his court vision was unbelivable. Every now and then he made plays only the great point guards like Stockton, Kidd or Magic could have done. But the most underrated passer ever? No.
  8. gold_leader64 V I P

Money:
    $143
    MJ had 9 of 15 seasons averaging 5 assists per game or better. Brevin Knight was very good that year, and I felt bad for him that he never got props from people. I still think he can contribute more but some youngins are getting in his way of playing time. Wilt was Wilt. There are plenty of underrated passers, and I think MJ happens to be one of them.
  9. ImmortalD24 Banned

Money:
    $0
    The notion that jordan is (The Most) underrated at something is just flat out hilarious.
  10. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    you fail to see the point, think about how much that the media and fans talk about Michael, how often do you really hear them mention his passing when discussing his legacy? That was the point up for debate.
  11. ImmortalD24 Banned

Money:
    $0
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

his legacy in passing.

LMFAO
  12. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    ^^^someone ban this idiot. guys like this need to stay out of my threads^^^
    please stick to topic and dont act like this immortald24 idiot. I find the answer's enlightening so far until Jr. here had to click in his retarded post.
  13. Tu5k15 New Member

Money:
    $0
    man stop living in da past and open your eyes and see that MJ was the greatest and the time has come for Kobe to get to that spot and then someone will pass Kobe then someone...
  14. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    is this your thread? is this the KOBE THREAD???? YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR POSTING A KOBE COMMENT IN A NON KOBE THREAD. *******. :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head :Bang Head STICK TO THE TOPIC

MODS, JUST LOCK THIS THREAD, I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS IF THEY ARE GOING TO TURN IT INTO ANOTHER KOBEFEST.
  15. bankrupt. Banned

Money:
    $0
    Jordan was a great passer, he had superb court vision and new how to set up an offense very well. It's one of the most overlooked aspects of his game, because everything else overshadows it... but is he the most underrated passer ever? STFU you idiot.

Somebody lock this thread.
  16. D54 New Member

Money:
    $0
    Yea but thats the assumption i expect u to make. Heaps of ppl say they hate some1 when they really mean ^ that.

when did he need to?

Great players do 1 thing...what is needed from them...MJ himself said im a utility man, i do whatever the team needs, scoring rebounding passing whatever...

for eg his rebounding...he always had good rebounders
    96-98 there was rodman, longley and pip - plenny of rebs taken
    88-93 there was grant, cartwright and pip - plenny of rebs taken
    85-88 there was Oakley...nuff said
    84-85 MJ lead the bulls in boards as a rookie

MJ has recorded 10 or more rebounds in 8 of his 50point games!
  17. Khufu # 6

Money:
    $0
    MJ was a great passer but still the thing that people have heard most about is his scoring ability and his dunks...
  18. bruce_blitz_new_era Banned

Money:
    $0
    I swear I learn something new from d54 every time he posts. Great stuff.
  19. Killa KMS Guess Whos Bizzack!

Money:
    $0
    -goes with wilt on this one but mj was underrated in the dishing game
  20. Marcos29 [M.U.T.]

Money:
    $3
    most underrated were sabonis or divac